Indeed, throughout the history winning combinations of poker hands have brought joy and excitement to so many players, no matter if they were poor sailors as mentioned in the books written by Jonathan Green in 1834, members of British Royal Court who were taught to play this game by the US Ambassador in 1870 or the players of today who can experience the same thrill and excitement sitting at home playing games online.
Improve Your Experiences By Playing Online Poker For Money
Passionate poker players who have spent a lot of money placing bets, have said that playing poker is a sacred and elegant form of entertainment. These days, players have a great opportunity to play at the best real money poker sites for fun by using the games demo versions, like the ones that are provided on this page.
To make a round bring you as much pleasure as possible, we've prepared a detailed overview of poker rules, bets and gameplay. New players will be able to understand these and feel prepared to enter a casino, ready for the excitement that comes with playing their first game. So, learn the rules and master your skills by playing the free versions of these poker games and then you will feel confident about using online poker sites to play for real money.
There are a lot of poker sites available on the web, which can be overwhelming. If you review our list of trusted online casinos and study their detailed characteristics, you can be confident that you will be playing with a casino that is a reputable and trustworthy internet gaming establishment. Not only will you find high quality Poker games but you will also be able to benefit from their generous bonus offers.
Please read on to discover more about playing real money poker online.
Two Ways To Win The Bankroll
When you start a new round online or sit around real table with your friends, your aim is simple, to win all the money that has been bet and sits in the pot. You can achieve this in two ways:
- Showdown - This happens when your hand is stronger that other players' hands. If two or more players take part and the bets are already placed, they turn their cards face up. The player with the highest scoring hand wins the game and collects the contents of the pot in winnings.
- When your opponents' fold, they are no longer eligible to win. In this case, you put the cards on the table face down whether you have the highest possible combination or are just bluffing - it doesn't really matter. If an opponent realises that their hand is not very strong, the pot is yours, congratulations.
Playing Equipment - What Do You Need To Feel The Vegas Spirit
If you want to play online poker for money, you don't have to prepare any special equipment apart from a PC, laptop or mobile device. The online casinos' virtual gaming area has been designed to replicate the unique land-based casino styles precisely and has all the details including table layout, chips and cards.
Naturally, when entering a real money casino hall like QuasarGaming you don't need to worry about card decks and chips, If you've decided to play a couple of rounds with your family at home, you can purchase poker chips and a deck of 52 playing cards containing 4 suits: spades, hearts, diamonds and clubs.
In online casino poker, all suits are equal and have 13 cards A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K.
Cards And Hands Ranking
Ace is the one card that every poker fan desires most, King, Queen, Jack, Ten and the number cards 9 to 2 come after it.
Depending on which type of Poker game you are playing, you will be dealt with a different number of cards. The aim is to get a combination of 5 cards with the highest value. In Texas Hold'em, players receive 7 cards and during the game they have to select the 5 most valuable ones which form any of the following winning hands (listed with the lowest value hands first):
- One Pair - is 2 cards with the same number and 3 random cards. If more than one pair occurs, its value is calculated by the demonimations of the 3 random cards
- Two Pair - is 2 pairs of cards with the same value and a different card (eg: 3 of clubs and 3 of hearts with the 9 of spaces and 9 of diamonds and an 8 of hearts). The higher denomination of your cards influence the total hands value. If 2 players have 2 pairs of the same value, the winner is determined by the fifth cards denomination
- Three of a kind ( or “Trips” or “Set”) - is 3 cards with the same number and 2 other cards
- Straight - is 5 cards in a sequence with different suits. If more than one Straight occurs, the winner is the player with the highest card in their hand.
- Flush - is 5 cards of the same suit that are not in sequential order. If more than 1 Flush occurs, the winner is the player with the highest card in their hand
- Full House - is 3 of a kind (3 cards with the same number) and a pair (two cards with the same number)
- 4 of a Kind - is 4 cards of the same number with different suits, plus any other card
- Straight Flush - is a sequence of 5 cards of the same suit
- Royal Flush - is the most highly ranked Poker Hand, it has 5 cards of the same suit in the strict sequence of 10, J, Q, K and A